Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Blog Ideas




Hi Everybody,

I need your help to improve my blog.  

Please call or email topics you’d like to see in 2017 about personal finance, investments and all-things money.  I’ll probably still sneak in some market comments but want to be sure I cover what’s on your mind.

Next year should be fertile ground on taxes, healthcare and interest rates.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see some de/re/un-regulating in investments too.

Don’t be bashful!  Let us know your burning financial questions and I’ll do my best to get you answers.

Thanks and Happy New Year, Skip

Bonus Blog:

The HWM blog morphed out of my original market letter.  I’d write painstaking research comments and ask clients what they thought.¹  Most said they couldn’t care less and to just do what I thought was best.  There has been more interest in recent Wall Street skullduggery but after a while, people either get it or they won’t.

I do this all day long and forget that not everyone knows what I take for granted.  Demand more!  If you can’t get straight answers anywhere else, let’s see what I can do.  Personal questions are answered privately.  sh  

¹ I sent a market comment to my former partner at Merrill Lynch for proofreading.  He wrote back:  “This is brilliant!  It’s too bad nobody will read it.”  I thought about just stepping on a rake a couple times because it would be faster and probably less painful than scrapping the newsletter.  The comment never saw the light of day and the blog was born.  I still have the rake for emergency editing, though.